Nanoparticle Chemist: Senior Scientist
- 13 Feb 2015
- Open positions
A Senior Scientist position is available at nanoComposix. Responsibilities include working with the product team to fulfill orders, perform quality control on master batches and aliquots, characterize nanoparticles, prepare specification sheets, and carefully follow standard operating procedures for the production of nanoparticles.
Qualified candidates should submit both a resume and cover letter (combine into a single pdf/doc and upload below). The cover letter should include information on how your previous experience relates to the job requirements. Specific examples are of interest. You will not be considered without a cover letter. Candidate should be prepared to demonstrate their chemistry knowledge during the interview process.
For more information, please visit our career page at nanoComposix.com/pages/careers.
• Masters or PhD degree in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering or nanoengineering with experience in nanoparticle fabrication
• Experience with analytical, physical, inorganic, or organic chemistry laboratory procedures, techniques and equipment.
• Ability to multi-task, handle frequently changing job functions, and rapidly learn new techniques and approaches.
• Great communicator and writer. Will be responsible for brainstorming new ideas for products and pitching early stage concepts both internally and externally.
• Must work well in a fast paced, start-up environment.
• US citizenship or green card
• Sol-gel chemistry, specifically the fabrication and functionalization of silica and titanium dioxide nanoparticles and core-shell composites.
• Synthesis of unagglomerated, low coefficient of variation gold, silver, copper, platinum, and magnetite nanoparticles.
• Strong analytical background including experience with TEM, DLS, Zeta Potential, and optical microscopy and spectroscopy.
• Nanoparticle surface functionalization for transfer between organic and aqueous dispersions.
• Pilot or production scale chemistry including reactor design, production scale manufacturing, or continuous flow processes.
• Experience with the bioconjugation of targeting molecules to surfaces or particles